Since its inception in the late 1990s, Swiss watch brand Ikepod has become one of the most innovative and stylish watchmakers on the market. Its independent spirit and pioneering design make it a perfect choice for people looking for something unique. From its classic chronographs to its modern high-tech pieces, Ikepod has been hailed as a pioneer in the Swiss watchmaking world.
History of the Swiss Watch Brand Ikepod
The Ikepod story began in the late 1990s. Olivier Ike, a successful Swiss entrepreneur, and Rodolphe Seacord, an established watch designer, registered the company in Switzerland with the aim of creating stylish and edgy watches. Drawing on their experience in design and the watch industry, the two men developed a unique range of timepieces that quickly gained popularity. As the brand grew, Ikepod developed a reputation for pushing the boundaries of watchmaking and creating unique designs.
The Characteristics of the Swiss Watch Brand Ikepod
Ikepod watches have a unique design that combines classical Swiss watchmaking with contemporary style. Watches from the brand feature bold and colourful dials, minimalist design, and often use unusual materials. The use of sapphire glass for the cases of its watches makes them scratch resistant and also allows them to maintain their luxurious look over time. On the technical side, the brand features quartz movements, ETA movements, and chronographs.
The Swiss watch brand Ikepod has a variety of models available for both men and women. Here is a selection of some of the most popular models from the Ikepod collection:
- This iconic chronograph has a classic round case and a two-tone black and silver face that makes it stand out from the crowd.
- The Chronopod is driven by a self-winding movement, making it a reliable and accurate timepiece.
- It also features sapphire crystal for added scratch resistance and to maintain the watch’s stylish look for years to come.
The Super Sea Fox
- This is a modern timepiece with a quirky design.
- The Super Sea Fox is a lightweight watch, with its case made from marine-grade stainless steel.
- It features an ETA 2824 movement, making it accurate and reliable.
- It is also water resistant up to 200 metres and is perfect for outdoor activities.
The Grand Mariner
- The Grand Mariner is a dive watch with a sleek design.
- The watch has a stainless steel case and a unidirectional rotating bezel.
- It is powered by a quartz movement for added accuracy.
- The Grand Mariner is water resistant up to 300 metres and is perfect for those looking for a stylish timepiece that can handle any situation.
Ikepod watches are stylish and versatile, appealing to a wide range of people. From its classic chronographs to its modern high-tech pieces, Ikepod has become a leader in Swiss watchmaking, combining classic design with modern style. Ikepod watches are perfect for those looking for something luxurious and unique. They are also a great choice for those looking for an affordable and reliable timepiece.
Ikepod is a magnificent manufacturer specializing in conceptual timepieces. Originally Swiss made, the watches are currently made in Hong Kong with Miyota quartz movements.
The Ikepod is a Swiss watch company founded in 1994 by Oliver Ike and Marc Newson and famous for its cult disc-shaped design watches. The Ikepods were among the first watches to start the wave of big diameter design watches in the millennial years with cases in gold, silver, steel, platinum and titanium and exclusive limited edition watch conceptions bordering on the limits of art.
Newson and Ike have since left the company and the brand was bought in April 2017 by three new investors in Mauborget Switzerland. The new CEO, Christian-Louis Col, has announced that the new Ikepods have maintained the original design elements but have overcome the technical complications of the original Ikepod cases. Furthermore, the Ikepods will no longer be produced in Switzerland but in Hong Kong with Japanese Miyota quartz movements to make them more affordable.
The new Ikepods were designed in Switzerland by Emmanuel Gueit, the Swiss watch designer responsible for the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore. The new Ikepods include a time-only 42mm watch called the Duopod and a chronograph model in a 44mm case called the Chronopod. The new models are based on the original Ikepod Horizon and Hemipode models. The new Ikepods feature the same elliptic forms, cases in 316L steel and the original silicone hyperallergenic straps. The company states that its Duopods and Chronpods wear more like 39mm and 41mm watches because of the lack of external lugs and the way the case tapers at the edges. Ikepod relaunched on Kickstarter on 18 September 2018.
Kanye West owns an Ikepod.
More info and products:
- None Found